|Ram Mohan offering the initial version of the hostel magazine, Sai Chandana, to his Swami in the Mandir portico.|
1. How to get devotion and increase it? - Life experience of Ram Mohan Rao - Part 1
2. The easiest way to increase devotion to God - Life experience of Ram Mohan Rao - Part 2 }
|The lines of dedication from the first issue of the hostel magazine (that Swami named as Chandana) says it all.|
|Many have been the occasions when Swami has waited to shower His blessings|
on Ram Mohan Rao. Here is one instance in the school building. Also seen
in the picture, on the steps, is Sri Bejoy Misra, another English teacher who had
an incredible story with Swami.
- During one particular drama, Ram Mohan had a tough time getting a student to play the role of a female attendant to Emperor Akbar’s daughter. None of the boys wanted to play a female role - that too of an attendant. Everyone sought ‘important’ roles that would bring them attention from their Swami. Finally, one student agreed to play that role with the faith that Swami knows everything and the fond hope that he would not get neglected. On the day of presentation, Swami blessed the actors with an interaction in the Bhajan hall before the actual drama. That evening, Bhagawan seemed to suddenly spot ‘the attendant lady’. Swami started enquiring about his name, the class he was studying in, how his parents were, where he hailed from and so on. The attention showered on him was more than even the so called ‘main characters’. The student was overwhelmed with the Divine attention and Ram Mohan was happy to have his faith vindicated in the truth that God sees the efforts and not just the end-results. In fact, after this, students would vie with each other for the ‘female roles’ thinking that to be the shortcut to Swami’s grace! For Swami, how we do the role is more important than the role itself. This is true of every drama - including the drama of life.
- During the drama on Mirabai, Swami suddenly left the dais and went into the interview room. As a result, the drama was paused for about ten minutes. In the interview room, Swami revealed that He wanted to give sufficient time for Mirabai to change her dress for the next scene!
- The drama ‘Daivam Manusha Roopena’ (presented by the 11th grade students on March 29, 2007) was on the life of Shirdi Baba. When the scene of Shirdi Baba leaving the body for three days came, Swami went into the interview room. There, He made a revelation that literally left the students, Divij Desai and Harish Krishan. dumbstruck.
“A time will come when I too will leave like Shirdi Baba but unlike Him, I will not come back. My tomb will be in the place where I currently sit and I too will speak from the Tomb like Shirdi Baba.” The boys immediately responded saying that the Poornaavatar should be with us for at least a 100 years and He should not 'utter inauspicious things'. Swami seemed pleased with the response but gave no assurance of the same.
In the same vein, though not directly related to the current story, Swami revealed to the same Harish something profound in early 2011, weeks before He left the physical. Swami expressed a deep sense of anxiety that His students (especially) would leave Prasanthi Nilayam when He sheds His body. Stating that, Swami got very upset and apparently agitated. It didn’t seem to be a cause of such agitation back in 2011 but there is a reason behind every single act of Bhagawan. Today, we see people coming to Prasanthi Nilayam in droves but we also witness devotees leaving, deluded by the thinking that ‘Swami is not here’ or ‘Swami is now in X place or Y place’. Hasn’t Bhagawan has said that though God is present everywhere, you find Him installed where His glory is sung? No where has it been sung and with such emotion as in Prasanthi Nilayam and in His Divine Presence! Every brick in the mandir is filled with His Love. He has built everything Himself shedding His sweat. Physical presence or not, Prasanthi Nilayam is definitely effused with THE PRESENCE.
Ram Mohan would set aside time during the English classes to train the students in the art and science of public speaking. He would hand to them think books on the lives of great personalities and ask them to summarize the same - one per class. He remembered Swami’s words to him when he had joined - that English was very important and the boys must be well-trained in it. Thus, English classes would be a combination of theory and practice. But the focus was always Swami - directly or indirectly.
|Standing beside Swami, Ram Mohan would always think of the different ways in which he could take the|
students closer to Swami - make them near and dear to Him.
|In one exhibition, the students had prepared a value-based, dart-board. Swami sweetly agreed to participate. Picking up|
a dart, He threw it and the first attempt itself was the bulls eye! It thrilled and cheered everyone around.
|When his hand was so firmly interlocked with his Swami's, honestly where could Ram Mohan go without the Lord?|
|It was in the 1970s, in his youthful prime that Sri Ram Mohan Rao decided to offer his dedication, |
love and loyalty to Swami...
|Four decades later, in his seventies, Ram Mohan sir continues to serve Swami with the same enthusiasm, with greater|
love and loyalty - as a member of the book-review board of the Sri Sathya Sai Sadhana Trust!